The 22 4.0 kit builds on the ingenious engineering of the 22 3.0 buggy by giving racers the ability to adapt the transmission and suspension configurations to any track.
- LIGHTWEIGHT 2.5MM HARD-ANODIZED 7075 T-6 ALUMINUM CHASSIS
- VLA FRONT SUSPENSION
- 3-GEAR LAYDOWN/STAND UP TRANSMISSION (laydown shown)
- UPDATED BALL DIFFERENTIAL
- REVISED MOTOR LOCATION
- TRANSVERSE OR FORE-AFT BATTERY MOUNTING OPTIONS
- GEN II 12MM BIG-BORE SHOCKS
- TICN COATED SHOCK SHAFTS AND HINGE PINS
- ALUMINUM BLEEDER CAPS
- ADJUSTABLE REAR PIVOTS FOR TOE AND ANTI-SQUAT
- ADJUSTABLE ALUMINUM REAR CAMBER BLOCK
- BELL CRANK STEERING SYSTEM
- HDS SLIPPER WITH HD SPRING
- NEW SPINDLE WITH ADJUSTABLE TRAIL AND ACKERMANN
- REAR HUB WITH ALUMINUM PLATE
- SCREW MOUNTED REAR WING
- STIFFEZEL MUD GUARDS, ARMS, WATERFALLS
- OPEN ENDED BALL CUPS
- STANDARD AND HRC FRONT PIVOTS INCLUDED
- ADJUSTABLE DIFF HEIGHT, LAYDOWN
- ADJUSTABLE SHOCK LOCATION, LAYDOWN
Two Transmission Configurations Included
Maximize performance for any surface with the two transmission options that are included. The stand-up option from the 22 3.0 kit provides the best balance for low-to-medium grip surfaces. The laydown option moves the motor about 20mm closer to the center of the chassis. Differential height can be adjusted for soil and artificial surfaces.
Adjustable Rear Shock Location
The rear shock tower can be flipped for a forward or rearward bias. This means the GenII rear shocks can be mounted in front of the rear tower and suspension arm, or in the traditional location on the back of the arm. This is a popular tuning option for high-grip surfaces that increases forward weight bias, rear end stability, and landing ability.
Aluminum-Plate Rear Hub
The molded-composite hub base allows a bearing to be press fit without play and minimal unspring weight. An aluminum plate is secured to the hub with an M3 screw and ball stud which is vertically adjustable. Now the ball stud is supported by aluminum from pushing or pulling out, while still threading into composite so it won’t work loose.
Stiffezel Suspension Components
The higher glass content of Stiffezel molded composite is used in strategically placed suspension components for more consistent and stable driving. This includes the front and rear suspension arms, mud guards, stand up shock tower, and waterfall chassis braces. The result is a buggy that corners more consistently and lands with great improvement.
Ballast Tuning Options
Optional brass ballast weighs can be mounted under the servo, under the electronics, and under the laydown transmission idler. This makes it easy to tune the static weight and weight bias for changing track conditions. When running a higher static weight, the chassis will become more neutral and easier to drive on ultra-high-grip surfaces.
Fully Updated Ball Differential
Using all of the revised components from the 22 2.0 ball differential, the 22 4.0 diff will deliver super-smooth, long-lasting performance. Features include flattened 2nd operation outdrives, revised thrust washers, tungsten carbide diff and thrust balls, a one piece nut, and a self-centering diff gear.
GenII 12mm Big Bore Shocks
These shocks continue to set the standard for high performance and easy maintenance. Features include X-Ring Seals, machined shock bushings, machined 2 x 1.6 and 2 x 1.7mm pistons, TiCN coated shock shafts, aluminum bleeder screw caps, hard-anodized threaded shock bodies, low-frequency springs, and spring cups that snap onto the shock shafts.
All-New Lightweight 7075-T6 Aluminum Chassis
The chassis has been revised to accommodate the battery mounting options for both transmission configurations. Milled pockets have been added that lighten the overall weight of the chassis. The pockets also function as mounting stations for the optional brass ballast weights (sold separately).
Included Option Parts
The 22 4.0 kit comes loaded with optional upgrades like a milled 7075 aluminum top shaft, motor plates, rear camber block, clamping rear hexes and ball stud spacers throughout. It also includes HRC and LRC front pivots, standard and +3 rear hubs, aluminum bleeder shock caps, machined shock pistons and internals.
22 4.0 Lightweight Body
An all-new, low-profile body was designed for the 22 4.0 buggy that provides outstanding aerodynamic performance. Pulled from 0.7mm polycarbonate, it also has the perfect balance of light weight and durability for 2WD buggy racing.
11.0 in (280mm)
Varies with equipment
2.5mm Milled Plate, 7075-T6 Aluminum
Lower A-Arm, Upper Adjustable Link
2.2 in Buggy (Not Included)
Motor or Engine:
540 Size (Not Included)
2.2 in (56mm)
12mm Big Bore, Oil Filled
22 4.0 Cab Forward, 0.7mm LW
Full Rubber Sealed Ball Bearings
Is Assembly Required:
Electronic Speed Control
48 Pitch Pinion Gear
- 22 4.0 Race Kit Stock Setup Sheet
- 22 4.0 Race Kit, Frank Root, Testing at SMAC, 02/20/2017
- 22 4.0 Race Kit, Dakotah Phend, Desert Classic, Champion, 03/22/2017
- 22 4.0 Race Kit, Tanner Denny, Desert Classic, 03/22/2017
- 22 4.0 Race Kit, Frank Root, April Fools, 04/02/2017
- 22 4.0 Race Kit, Frank Root, JBRL at SDRC 04/19/2017
- 22 4.0 Race Kit, Jake Thayer, Starting Setup at Stock Nats at OCRC 04/21/2017
- 22 4.0 Race Kit, Jake Thayer, Stock Nats Champion @ OCRC 04/2017
- 22 4.0 Race Kit, Leigh Cheeseman, Knox RC Club 04/2017
- 22 4.0 Race Kit Editable Setup Sheet
- 22 4.0 Race Kit, Frank Root, JBRL @ OCRC 06/2017
- 22 4.0 Race Kit, Bob Zahn, OTC @ Vineland 06/2017
- 22 4.0 Race Kit, Frank Root, JC INS @ Hobby Action 07/11/2017
- 22 4.0 Race Kit, Frank Root, Carpet Classic 07/25/2017
- 22 4.0 Race Kit, Reno Savoya, EP Euros @ Jonny Modellismo, 07/2017
- 22 4.0 Race Kit, Tater Sontag, ROAR Nationals @ The Track, 08/2017
- 22 4.0 Race Kit, Frank Root, Surf City @ OCRC, 08/2017
- 22 4.0 Race Kit, Leigh Cheeseman, Mallee Madness @ Mildura, 08/2017
- 22 4.0 Race Kit, Tanner Denney, Surf City @ OCRC, 08/2017
- 22 4.0 Race Kit, Wayne Wyrick, Surf City @ OCRC, 08/2017
- 22 4.0 Race Kit, Dakotah Phend, TLR Cup West @ MHOR, 09/2017
- 22 4.0 Race Kit, Leigh Cheeseman, Victorian State Champion @ Wodonga, 10/2017