Since its debut, the original 22-4™ buggy has been winning races all over the world. Version 2.0 refines this successful platform further with updates that include new gear differentials, revised suspension geometry and more.
- LIGHTWEIGHT 2.5MM HARD-ANODIZED 7075 T-6 ALUMINUM CHASSIS
- SEALED, 3-BELT DRIVELINE WITH SPLIT SIDE/REAR BELT COVERS FOR EASY MAINTENANCE
- OIL-FILLED GEAR DIFFERENTIALS
- FRONT AND REAR CVAS
- VERTICAL-MOUNT, REAR CAMBER BLOCK
- VERSATILE BATTERY MOUNT FOR MULTIPLE CONFIGURATIONS
- 12.5° ALUMINUM CASTER BLOCKS
- 2.5°REAR TOE PLATE
- GEN II 12MM BIG BORE SHOCKS WITH MACHINED SHOCK INTERNALS
- PINK REAR SWAY BAR
- FORWARD MOTOR LOCATION
- FULL-TIME 4WD PULLEY
- NEW FRONT STEEL PIVOT BRACE DESIGN
The all-new, low maintenance gear differentials are designed narrow, so there is no need to compromise the inner pivot or roll center widths. Besides providing improved performance on all types of surfaces, the gear diffs can be accurately tuned using diff fluid. Their cases are machined from 7075-T6 aluminum but weigh similarly to stock ball diffs
OPTIMIZED SUSPENSION GEOMETRY
Converting to the 22™ off-set, rear-hub geometry has widened the rear track width, creating more stability in the rear end so racers can push the car harder with confidence. The 22 rear hub is paired with a vertical-mount, rear-camber block. This provides multiple adjustments that allow the rear roll center to be optimized for any conditions.
MULTIPLE BATTERY CONFIGURATIONS
The chassis and mud guard are designed to accommodate a variety of battery configurations. A shorty pack can be mounted forward or backward on the left side of the chassis using the molded locator. Saddle packs can be mounted with half on each side of the chassis. When using a saddle pack, the left side can be moved fore or aft to adjust weight bias.
POPULAR TUNING PARTS INCLUDED
The kit comes standard with 12.5˚ aluminum caster blocks, a 2.5˚rear toe plate, a pink rear sway bar, a vertical-ball stud rear camber block, front and rear CVAs and a cab-forward body. These parts maximize the buggy’s performance by improving stability, balance and adjustability.
SPLIT BELT COVERS
The center and rear belt cover are now split and to not interlock. Now you can remove the center belt cover by removing only the front cover, and the rear belt cover will remain untouched.p>
This popular tuning option for the original 22-4 buggy is now included with the 2.0. The CVAs lock up under acceleration and keep the car flatter, especially during hard acceleration.
LIGHTWEIGHT 2.5MM 7075-T6 ALUMINUM CHASSIS
The aluminum main chassis plate has been CNC machined for optimal fit and flex. Milled pockets in the chassis reduce weight, including an open pocket under the motor that reduces temps.
CENTRALIZED FORWARD MOTOR PLACEMENT
The aluminum chassis has been CNC machined from 2.5mm 7075-T6 aluminum. Carefully designed, the milled pockets in the chassis are strategically located to reduce weight and maintain proper flex through the chassis.
16.5 in (419.1mm)
6.50 in (165.1mm)
11.10 in (282.3mm)
Varies with Equipment
2.5mm Plate, 7075-T6
Four Wheel Independent
Motor or Engine:
Coilover, Oil Filled
1.0mm Polycarbonate, Clear
Is Assembly Required:
Electronic Speed Control
- 22-4 2.0 Race Kit - Kit Setup Sheet
- 22-4 2.0 Race Kit - Blank Setup Sheet
- 22-4 2.0 Race Kit - Editable Setup Sheet
- 22-4 2.0 Race Kit - Frank Root, 01/25/2016, Reedy Race
- 22-4 2.0 Race Kit - Ellis Stafford, BRCA Nats @ EPR, June 2016
- 22-4 2.0 Race Kit – Ryan Maifield, ROAR National Champion, 2016
- 22-4 2.0 Race Kit – Dakotah Phend, ROAR Nationals TQ, 2016
- 22-4 2.0 Race Kit – Max Flurer, JC Fall Nationals @ RC Excitement, 10/2016
- 22-4 2.0 Race Kit – Frank Root, JC Fall Nationals @ RC Excitement, 10/2016
- 22-4 2.0 Race Kit – Andrew Gillott, Australian Nationals @ Perth, 11/2016
- 22-4 2.0 Race Kit – Dakotah Phend, CRCRC Midwest Champs, TQ and Win, 01/ 2017
- 22-4 2.0 Race Kit - Jake Thayer, OCRC, Club Racing, 04/19/2017
- 22-4 2.0 Race Kit - Frank Root, Surf City, OCRC, 08/06/2017
- 22-4 2.0 Race Kit - Leigh Cheeseman, Victorian State Champion @ Wodonga, 10/2017