The 22 3.0 SPEC-Racer kit gives you everything you need to build a race-winning, spec-class buggy that comes in under 1499 grams without sacrificing any of the 22 platform’s legendary performance or requiring expensive aftermarket parts.
- LIGHTWEIGHT 2.5MM HARD-ANODIZED 7075 T-6 ALUMINUM CHASSIS
- VLA FRONT SUSPENSION
- 3-GEAR TRANSMISSION
- DIRECT DRIVE SYSTEM
- UPDATED BALL DIFFERENTIAL WITH ALUMINUM HUBS AND COMPOSITE OUTDRIVES
- ALUMINUM CVA DRIVESHAFTS
- REVISED MOTOR LOCATION
- ALUMINUM FRONT AXLES
- ULTRA LIGHTWEIGHT CAB-FORWARD BODY
- TRANSVERSE OR FORE-AFT BATTERY MOUNTING OPTIONS
- GEN II 12MM BIG-BORE SHOCKS
- TICN COATED SHOCK SHAFTS AND HINGE PINS
- ADJUSTABLE REAR PIVOTS FOR TOE AND ANTI-SQUAT
- ADJUSTABLE ALUMINUM REAR CAMBER BLOCK
- BELL CRANK STEERING SYSTEM
- ADJUSTABLE REAR WING ANGLE (0°, 4°, 8°)
WEIGHS IN UNDER 1499G
The 22 3.0 SPEC-Racer includes many parts to reduce the weight of the kit. Built with kit hardware, Orion and Spektrum electronics the 22 3.0 SPEC-Racer weighs in UNDER 1499g when ready to hit the track. No need for titanium hardware to make minimum ROAR weight.
To maximize the top speed and performance of a stock motor, the drive train has been lightened with a Direct Drive System including the shortened top shaft, aluminum diff hubs with composite outdrives, and aluminum CVA driveshafts.
TRANSVERSE BATTERY MOUNTING
A new wider 2.5mm aluminum chassis and molded mud guards create a new battery mounting pocket which allows for both saddle and shorty type LiPo packs to be mounted transverse across the chassis. This allows for more tuning capability and a wider placement of the battery weight for a more stable car without increasing the total weight of the car.
LIGHTENED ALUMINUM CHASSIS
The 7075-T6 aluminum chassis plate has additional milled pockets to reduce the weight even further than the stock 22 3.0 chassis without compromising the flex characteristics for maximized handling and light weight performance.
REVISED MOTOR LOCATION
On the 22 3.0, the motor has been moved back and closer to the diff gear by 12mm, allowing for more rear grip on exit, more entry steering, and an overall easier to drive buggy.
ULTRA LIGHT WEIGHT CAB FORWARD BODY
Using the popular design of the 22 3.0 body, a body made from 0.5mm poly carbonate reduces the weight of the 22 3.0 body by over 15g, but lasts well due to the protected nature of 2wd buggy bodies.
INCLUDED OPTION PARTS
The 22 3.0 comes loaded with optional upgrades like a milled 7075 aluminum tops shafts, motor plate, rear camber block and ball stud spacers throughout.
ALUMINUM FRONT AXLES
7075-T6 front axles lighten up the front end, without compromising durability. The front hexes have also been updated to a 12mm hex size.
During testing, we found improvement in speed and rear end grip for both spec and modified classes changing from a 4-gear to a 3-gear transmission. With improved handling, and quicker acceleration the 3-gear transmission was the obvious choice for the 22 3.0 SPEC-Racer.
The 22 3.0 SPEC-Racer benefits from all of the suspension updates made to the 22 3.0, including VLA front suspension geometry, revised motor location, transverse battery mounting, 2mm wider rear pivot, rear shock locations and more.
11.0 in (280mm)
52.4 oz (1485g) (track ready)
2.5mm Milled Plate, 7075-T6 Aluminum
Lower A-Arm, Upper Adjustable Link
2.2 in (56mm)
12mm Big Bore, Oil Filled
22 3.0 Ultra Light Weight (0.5mm) Cab Forward, with optional Rear Fin
Full Rubber Seal Ball Bearings
Electronic Speed Control
48 Pitch Pinion Gear
- 22 3.0 Race Kit - Editable Blank Setup Sheet
- 22 3.0 Race Kit - Dustin Evans Horizon Shootout 2015
- 22 3.0 Race Kit - JR Mitch FZRC Setup
- 22 3.0 Race Kit - Kevin Motter SDRC Setup
- 22 3.0 Race Kit - Kevin Motter Reedy Outdoor Race 2015
- 22 3.0 Race Kit - Kevin Motter OCRC Setup
- 22 3.0 Race Kit - Chris Baumgartner Archway Classic 2015 Setup
- 22 3.0 Race Kit - Blake Beyett OCRC Setup
- 22 3.0 Race Kit – Chris Wheeler, SRS, 11/25/2015 – STOCK BUGGY
- 22 3.0 Race Kit – Eric Willardson, IRCR, 11/18/2015
- 22 3.0 Race Kit – Jake Thayer, OCRC, 12/1/2015
- 22 3.0 Race Kit - Ryan Maifield JConcepts Nationals Hobbytown HobbyPlex 2015
- 22 3.0 Race Kit – Dustin Evans, Reedy Race, OCRC, 01/2016
- 22 3.0 Race Kit – Dakotah Phend, Reedy Race, OCRC, 01/2016
- 22 3.0 Race Kit – Frank Root, Reedy Race, OCRC, 01/2016
- 22 3.0 Race Kit (Laydown) – Ellis Stafford & Chris Delves, EOS RD3 @ Muelheim-Kaerlich, 1/2016
- 22 3.0 Race Kit (Laydown) – Ellis Stafford & Chris Delves, Silverstone @ Moulten, 2/2016
- 22 3.0 Race Kit (Laydown) – Ellis Stafford & Chris Delves, Stotfold, 3/2016
- 22 3.0 Race Kit (Laydown) – Ellis Stafford & Chris Delves, EPR Club, 4/2016
- 22 3.0 Race Kit (Laydown) – Frank Root, OCRC & SDRC, 4/2016
- 22 3.0 Race Kit (Laydown) – Dustin Evans, Northwest Hobbies, 12/2015
- 22 3.0 Race Kit (Laydown) – Frank Root, Stock Nationals @ OCRC, 5/2016
- 22 3.0 Race Kit (Laydown) - Dustin Evans, MHOR, 5/27/2016
- 22 3.0 Race Kit (Laydown) – Dakotah Phend, ROAR National Champion, 2016
- 22 3.0 Race Kit (Laydown) – Ryan Maifield, ROAR Nationals, 2016
- 22 3.0 Race Kit (Laydown) – Max Flurer, JC Fall Nationals @ RC Excitement, 10/2016
- 22 3.0 Race Kit (Laydown) – Frank Root, JC Fall Nationals @ RC Excitement, 10/2016
- 22 3.0 Race Kit (Laydown) – Dakotah Phend, CRCRC Midwest Champs, 2017
- 22 3.0 Race Kit (Laydown) – Frank Root, JC Winter Nats @ SMAC Trac, 02/2017
- 22 3.0 Race Kit (Laydown) – JP Richards, Motorama, 2/2017