- Converts the 22 3.0 into a highly tuned buggy for medium to high grip dirt surfaces.
- “Dirt” Laydown Tranny Included.
- Used to win the 2016 ROAR Nationals in Modified Buggy.
- Specific chassis for high traction with minimum pocketing for reduced flex.
- Included chassis will also fit the 3.0 standard transmission setup.
- Transmission cases are precision machined from high quality delrin for perfect fit and finish.
- Lightweight carbon-fiber battery strap with aluminum mount.
- Aluminum idler gear for ultimate reliability.
- Milled motor plate and aluminum motor plate to chassis brace included.
- A modified 22 3.0 body designed to fit the laydown is made from 0.7mm polycarbonate lowers the center of gravity and is more durable than the ULW bodies.
- A 25g brass plate is also included, and fits under the battery pack to increase vehicle weight.
- All hardware and instructions included, no additional parts, or part modifications necessary
As the TLR Race Team continues to push the envelope of performance for the 22 3.0, they have found that a laydown transmission moving the motor forward greatly improves corner speed and consistency on higher grip tracks. Moving the motor forward, the weight bias is around 39% front and 61% rear, giving the car more corner speed and stability. Optimized for clay and dirt surfaces and ride heights between 22-24mm, this laydown conversion kit includes the "dirt" laydown tranny and utilizes the standard rear hubs. These are the parts used by the TLR Race Team during the 2016 culminating in Dakotah Phend capturing the 2016 ROAR National Championship in 2wd Buggy. Designed as a complete conversion kit, no additional parts or modifications are needed to convert to your 22 3.0!
Note: This conversion kit will only fit a "shorty" style LiPo battery pack.
Needed to Complete